Saturday, January 5
When I just typed in the URL to get to this page, I was confused, almost forgot what the actual address was. It's been a while, no? and I really don't have any great excuse for that other than I work too much and am trying to lose 30 lbs (10 down thus far, thankyouverymuch, also give me ALL THE BACON NOW), and am trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing with my life.

Same old, really. Minus the bacon. But really, I just smelled bacon in the hallway and almost threw myself off the balcony in desperation. I clearly need to get my love of pork products under control.

When I think of why I even started this blog, I hardly recognize the person I was. I guess that's what happens. We all grow up (or don't) and figure it out (or not) and we laugh about the person we were at 25. I can't imagine going out all weekend or drinking as much as I did or having one night stands or just being the wild party girl.

I'm tired, I like my little, quiet life and all of the positive things that come out of not having lengthy bar tabs and teetering around in ridiculously high heels. I'm proud of all the traveling I've done and the amazing friendships I've maintained (somehow, regardless of my daily lunacy they stick with me). I'm proud of my career and my family and just, like, myself, regardless of the lack of progress in the romantic relationship department. I'm figuring it out, I am. One surefooted step at a time.

That said (more like rambled, sorry, too much coffee), I think this little corner of my life is officially over (as you may have noticed when I stopped blogging regularly and sucked at writing).

When I was 22 and blogs were just starting to be an actual thing, I read this one (I cannot remember what it was called for the life of me) about a girl in New York who was kind of a mess and she was hilarious and very honest about the wild life she led and her blog ended with her wedding. The 25 year old girl that started this shallow, ridiculous blog here definitely envisioned that sort of happy ending.

And I struggled with doing some sort of official 'close' to whatever this all of was, due to the lack of that sort of happy ending. After thinking about it, however, I've realized that even if it doesn't include a wedding or whatever, I am still ending this happily. I've worked hard to be happy and I am, and I am grateful for that.

If you're still reading this drivel, just know that it has been a really great experience blogging and having you read whatever it was I was complaining about. I have met so many incredible people through this, some of whom have become good friends that I talk to all the time. I never anticipated that. I've loved all the emails  and comments I've received with advice, constructive criticism, thoughtful insight and shout-outs. It's been a fun ride.

So, thank you for reading. Love you, mean it.

Oh, and The End.

xo d

d at 1:22 PM |

11 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Tigerlily said........
I can't be sure that I ever commented on your blog, but I was always excited to see you pop in my reader :). I wish you the best!
 


At 6:53 PM, Blogger marisol said........
Will miss you and wish you the best!
 


At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I'll miss your blog! Thanks for entertaining the rest of us out here for so long, and introducing us to words like amazeballs long before any hipsters did!
 


At 8:17 AM, Blogger Jeff C. said........
Best wishes to you and good luck in all of your future endeavors. Thank you for being a talented writer and being willing to share aspects of your life with the internet. I certainly enjoyed it.
 


At 8:19 AM, Blogger Magdalena Viktoria said........
This comment has been removed by the author.
 


At 9:50 PM, Blogger E-Double said........
I just shed a tear, D. That, and I tipped a 40 to your blog.

Now that your blog is finished, for now, we have time for furniture rehabnanigans. That, and this - http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/01/how-to-build-a-rainbow-igloo/. We need to build g'damn effing igloos!

Love you!
 


At 5:45 PM, Blogger Erin said........
I'll miss you, too! I get it, though. Best wishes for everything!
 


At 10:07 PM, Blogger Katelin said........
aw, as a very long time reader you will be oh so missed but i am so glad you are so happy and that you're ending this blog on a lovely note. cheers! xo
 


At 9:47 AM, Blogger Ginger said........
Best of luck to you in all the great times that your life is sure to bring! I've really enjoyed your blog through the years.
 


At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
XoXo

COME TO SEATTLE AND SEE ME SOON, whore!
-Annalise
 


At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
thank you for your wit and your honesty over the years. you have immense courage. sending warm wishes and lots of luck!